We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best pubs/ restaurants??

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
best pubs/ restaurants??

hi all

i am after some advice me and my partner are going with a group of friends/family to dublin for his 30th birthday in february and i am wondering if anyone can recommend places to visit pubs and also any nice restaurants as we would liketo go out for a nice meal one of the nights to celebrate hisbirthday

also if anyone could recommend how much money you think we would need for 3 nights stay ?

thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: best pubs/ restaurants??

Murray's is on O'Connell St, on the right as you head away from the river. The Parnell Mooney closed about six years ago but has recently reopened as The Parnell Heritage Pub, complete refit, new vibe and decent food, was there recently and can recommend!

Dublin
Level Contributor
35 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: best pubs/ restaurants??

Hi Jenna

Dublin is full of Bars and restaurants so you will not be disappointed. If i was going on holidays to Dublin I would most likely make the effort to go to the pubs around Baggot Street - ie Donaghy & Nesbitt & O Donaghues are 2 great Dublin Pubs. With reference to restaurants take a look at the Trip Advisor restaurant guide its fairly accurate. In the Top 15 alone there is some serious restaurants, my favourites personally would be the Arch Bistro, Chapter 1 & Patrick Guilbaud's. Good Luck and have a great holiday.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: best pubs/ restaurants??

Hi - for music go to O Donaghues just beyond St Stephens Green, music starts at 9.30 and is really fun. Go for an early dinner, Hugos opposite is really special, most good restaurants need to be booked. Dublin is expensive, but food is great, Hugos is about E35 a head, the Rustic Stone does really nice food. Hotels are expensive but Raddison Blu is great

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: best pubs/ restaurants??

Hi, just to give you an idea of prices, 4 of us had a great meal at Parnells 2 weeks ago for my sons birthday. 138 euro for 4 mains, 4 deserts, 2 bottles of very nice red, 4 Irish coffees. We did spend a bit more on cocktails and pints before and after our meal, and we loved the place, very nice atmosphere, and the staff couldn't do enough for us.

Agree with other posters re ODonaghues, it's a very lively pub with music, I think it's on Merrion Street, close to St Stephens Green., South of the river, so a 10 - 15 minute walk from your hotel. For traditional Irish music I'd recommend Hughes on Chancery Street, or the Cobblestone in Smithfield. All the pubs in t he Temple Bar area are very lively, touristy but fun, and expensive drinks wise. No shortage of places to eat and drink in Dublin, I'm sure you will enjoy wherever you end up!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: best pubs/ restaurants??

O'Donoghues is on Merrion Row - just off Stephen's Green past the Shelbourne Hotel on the Green

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,682 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: best pubs/ restaurants??

Good advice, pity the OP never came back though.

17. Re: best pubs/ restaurants??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 26, 2014