We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting dublin

Rennes, France
4 posts
Save Topic
visiting dublin

yes iam sorry .i am Eritrean and i hold my passport from eritrea empassi in sudan khartoum and now i am in france and before i go back i would like to visit Dublin . and my schengen visa is Italian visa i get this visa b/c my wife is working in italy that is whey i got it and before i go back to sudan i want visit Dublin .... A nd now is it posseble to vist dublin . i am samuel tsegay

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,371 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting dublin

Check out the website I linked you to in your previous post.

Because Ireland is not a member of the Schengen group, there are different regulations.

Rennes, France
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting dublin

what do you mean by different regulation ?.. like what for example

can you tell me please ... b/c i want visit dublin before i go back to khartoum

Edited: 1:35 pm, January 05, 2013
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,371 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting dublin

Read the website Samuel. That is the easiest thing to do. You see what is needed.

Those from Eritrea will need a valid visa to enter Ireland, even if you are only transiting or passing through an airport.

So, you need to make contact with an Irish embassy. They will go through what is needed for you.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting dublin

The Schengen regulations allow us Europeans travel over borders from one country to another without a passport - like I did recently between France & Spain. However, coming from 'mainland Europe' to eith Ireland or the UK is not included in Schengen and a passport is required. Also, most the airlines will require a passport whether Schengen is in force or not! Being a non-European, check you visa requirements with the nearest Irish Embassy.

Rennes, France
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: visiting dublin

okey thank you guys

6. Re: visiting dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 09, 2014