We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go to eat and drink near Parnell Square

Maidstone, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Where to go to eat and drink near Parnell Square

A group of friends (40 and 50 somethings!) and myself will be staying at The Maldron mid Dec. We initially thought about going to Temple Bar area on the Saturday but I am having second thoughts. Can anyone suggest places to eat nearby and then bars, etc where we wont feel out of place and too old!!

Tang Cafe
$, Cafe, European, Healthy
Lemon and Duke Bar
$$ - $$$, Irish, Bar, European
Bloom Brasserie
$$ - $$$, Irish, European, Wine Bar
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
30,026 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go to eat and drink near Parnell Square

This one might fit the bill.

www.thechurch.ie/

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go to eat and drink near Parnell Square

Would definitely recommend the Parnell Bar for food. Really reasonable prices, really tasty food and brilliant service.

http://theparnell.com/

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go to eat and drink near Parnell Square

If you like Chinese food Parnell st. has one of the highest concentrations of Chinese restaurants in Dublin. It is our Chinatown.

I wouldn't be too hung up on area. Dublin is very small and walkable. And where you are staying has some options but isn't the best place.

I would avoid temple bar. But if you head further south of the river. George's st/Seth William st/ Grafton st/Dawson st and all the surrounding areas you will be spoilt for choice with food and bars

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
The Dawson Hotel & Spa
The Dawson Hotel & Spa
775 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: Where to go to eat and drink near Parnell Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, December 16, 2013