We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Layover Duration

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin Layover Duration

Hi All,

First time posting here, but I have searched the forums and have found similar (but not the same) question as I have.

I plan on booking a flight from Gran Canaria to Dublin on December 20th. The flight leaves Gran Canaria at 6:55am and arrives in Dublin at 11:25am via Ryanair. The next flight would be from Dublin to Manchester which departs Dublin at 12:45 and arrives in Manchester at 1:35pm also via Ryanair. My thoughts are that the hour and 25 minutes will be enough time to transfer planes (I won't have any checked bags). This is my first time flying Ryanair and first time in the Dublin airport, so I am hoping someone can confirm before I book.

My ultimate goal is to get to Newcastle, UK on Thursday, December 20 (the earlier in the day the better). The best choices seem to be flying to Manchester then train to Newcastle, or fly Edinburgh then train to Newcastle. Any thoughts or suggestions are very much welcome. Thanks!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,229 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Layover Duration

Without checked bags you should be okay, provided your Gran Canaria flight is not overly delayed. Ryanair are a point to point airline and take no responsibility for missed connections

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Layover Duration

Too tight. I would not take the chance. At Dublin you cannot just get off the plane and change gates without going through immigration, out to the common area and then back through security. Also Ryanair uses the far wing at Dublin so allow an extra 10-15 minute walk each way to get out and back, plus security during festjve season...

Are yoh sure jet2.com or easyjet do not have a flight straight to Newcastle or somewhere else in the uk?

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
631 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Layover Duration

Jet2 and Easyjet do not have flights on the 20th Dec.The only flight I could find for you on was on 21st Dec going to Edinburgh and then an evening train to Newcastle.This was with Ryanair...but the date may not suit you.

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Layover Duration

Thank you all for your responses. GillMAC, I was considering the Edinburgh train to Newcastle, and may have to revisit that one. I sort of shot myself in the foot on this one. I have a flight to the states at 9:30am Saturday Dec. 22nd (leaving Heathrow). The bulk of my luggage will be in Newcastle as I don't want to carry it around and check it in all these various flights to/from Canaries.

The reason I want to arrive in Newcastle as early as possible is so that I can get my luggage in Newcastle and then get to London as early as possible. I'll look into it a bit more...perhaps flying to Dublin is not the way to go. I'll check Jet2 and Easyjet as well. Thanks again!

5. Re: Dublin Layover Duration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 16, 2013