We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

Has anyone stayed at this hotel before and had problems with the air conditioning? We are booked to stay here, and my mom was doing some reading on the reviews and came across people who said the AC didn't work well and it was horribly stuffy in the rooms. We are people who keep our homes VERY cool, so this has me worried. Any info helps. Thanks!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,320 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

AC is rarely required in this town.

Come and enjoy.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

I was in a room at Trinity with A/C in Sept this year and it worked very well. Not all rooms have A/C.

Toronto
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

A/C might not be required much, but it sure was in September when we stayed at the Trinity Capital. It was absolutely brutal in our non a/c'd room, despite a room fan, and we faced the back with no direct sunlight. We spoke to people on the street (sun) side who found it unbearable - again non air-conditioned.

I know this doesn't answer your question about how well the a/c works, but if you're thinking of taking a pass on the a/c to save some cash, and you like a cool room, I wouldn't take the gamble, and I won't again.

Great hotel, though, excellent location and staff.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

Thank you all so much! I've done a little research and it sounds like the executve rooms and suites have A/C, but the standard rooms don't. We will definitely be upgrading, I've been excited to stay here but can't handle it without A/C. We are going in August so it would be miserable! Thanks guys!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

The average temperature in Dublin last August was 15C (about 59F) with a window open you really should be fine!

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

Air conditioning in these parts is - window open or window closed.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

That's what I'd heard, but then other people had mentioned it getting very hot in August and not having the A/C was awful. We keep our house at about 60-65 degrees year round, so I'm glad we are upgrading just in case. :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

The window in our room tilted in about 4", so it wasn't even possible to properly open it, and the temperature in the room was 83 degrees, that was September 8 and 9.

It may well have been a fluke, weather-wise, and we just had bad luck to hit a heat wave. Although I gather last summer didn't see much sun, so it's all a matter of perspective!

Have a wonderful trip!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,305 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

The windows only open 4 inches or so for safety reasons.

99% of the time, you will not need air-con here. I can't remember it getting hot in August in a long time!!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trinity Capital Hotel - Problems with A/C?

I must say I love a cool to cold room. The brass monkeys usually phone for a welder where I stay.