We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

low cost air flights

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
low cost air flights

Trying to book from to Dublin to Milan around May 30. When I put in the dates the whole week comes up with circles with lines through them. I try to book and it won't let me. Is it possible they have not set their flight schedule bookings on line for May and will 2 0r 3 monthes before we fly. Do they fly every day from Dublin to Milan or only on one or two days. Any other suggestions of airlines that are not too expensive.

Edited: 9:10 pm, October 16, 2012
Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: low cost air flights

Are you looking at Ryanair? Its too early to book for May yet which is why there are no prices yet. Ryanair typically only release flights 6 months or so in advance so you need to wait a bit. Be aware, Ryanair fly to Bergamo, not Milan itself. Bergamo is an hour away but its a lovely town and well worth a stay or a night or two.

You can also try Aer lingus for flights to the 2 other Milan airports, you should be able to book for May with AL at this stage.

www.aerlingus.ie

Edited: 2:08 am, October 17, 2012
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: low cost air flights

Are you staying in Milan or moving on to the lakes? I have flown Ryanair to Milan/Bergamo. The flight arrives in the evening which means an overnight in Bergamo. Hotels can be expensive.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: low cost air flights

The Bergamo flights isnt always at night. The time varies according to the day. We have flown at 6.30am and 9.30am on different days.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: low cost air flights

Thanks WorldwiseIreland. Nice to see the change in schedule. This gives you a chance for onward travel by train to the lakes. We stayed in Desenzano last year and Bellagio the year before but we had to overnight in Bergamo because of the later flights.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: low cost air flights

Yes - its definetly better to land where you want to be earlier rather than later. The only problem with a 6.30am flight is a 1am bus from Galway so no sleep - you just cant win!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: low cost air flights

Thank's WorldwiserIreland

I wasn't paying attention to the fact it was going into Bergamo. MXP I think is about 1/2 hour from Milan. We have always caught a bus around 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning by the main train station in Milan out to MXP. This did work really well. We have been looking at Aer Lingus and have found some good connections with them to a lot of the Cities we want to go to, and their prices are good also. I have read some complaints about them, but also about Ryan Air. They always make me a little nervous especially when you are trying to make connecting flights back to the US. It is so nice of you to take your time to help us. trav567

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: low cost air flights

Thank's Box the Fox,

We thought we might use Milan sort of as a connecting airport because Ryanair

Air and Easy Jet I think both fly in there. Now I see Ryanair flys into Bergamo about an hour from Milan.

We have been working hard on this and appreciate all the help we get from fellow travelers.

I think we are going to use Air Lingus for most of our flights because they fly directly to alot of the cities we want to fly into. I have read some complaints and some good things about them, but also about Ryanair. We are not looking for any frills. Just a safe trip to where we want to go at the best price.

I was amazed how good Air Lingus prices are. Sorry that I didn't get back right away to you. We have been looking at a lot of things, and did book our flight from Tampa to Dublin on Air Lingus

Edited: 4:19 pm, October 20, 2012
8. Re: low cost air flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 25, 2013