We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin in February

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dublin in February

Four adventurous friends and I are heading to Dublin for 5 nights in mid-February. We are planning one day trip out to Blarney Castle and see the city of Cork but otherwise staying in Dublin. Our plan is to see the sights during the day and hang with the locals in the evenings. We are staying at the Temple Bar Hotel and would love any help, suggestions, and do and dont's for our trip. It's our first trip to Ireland and two of my friends first trip outside of the US other than a cruise. I want to make it their favorite vacation EVER! Help please!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,586 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin in February

If you want to hang with the locals, get out of Temple bar at night as most locals avoid it like the plague.

Seek out some of the great old pubs like Mulligan's, Kehoe's, The Long Hall, The Oval and the Gingerman.

Some of the nearby seaside viallges like Malahide, Dalkey and Howth (my favourite) are very good and easily accessible by suburban train

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin in February

I was actually looking at Howth today and it looks beautiful. I think that we will definitely add that to our trip. Also, Mulligan's is a must! What are the other must-do and don'ts? Thank you for replying.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin in February

Are you here on the 14?

Make sure you pay Saint Valentine a visit at Whitefrair church!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin in February

We will be there the following week. Any of suggestions of must-see places?

5. Re: Dublin in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, December 15, 2013