We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Student trying to plan 4 day trip to Dublin! Help!

Seville, Spain
1 post
Save Topic
Student trying to plan 4 day trip to Dublin! Help!

I know 4 days seems like so little time in Ireland, but I'm currently a student studying abroad in Europe.

My friends and I arrive in Dublin at 2 PM on Dec 6. We leave Dublin Monday (Dec 10) in the AM. We want to see the Cliffs of Moher and Galway. We would like to stay in Galway for a night if it makes it easier! I'm just having a tough time planning how to get to the Cliffs from Galway/Dublin, or what's the best to way to go about this at all.

One idea I have is to go straight from Dublin airport (after arriving on Thursday) to Galway. Then stay the night in Galway, go to the Cliffs the next day, thenn return to Dublin that evening. (Fri. 7th)

How should my friends and I go about doing this in the cheapesttt/time friendly manner?

Thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,159 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Student trying to plan 4 day trip to Dublin! Help!

Traveling from Dublin-Galway-Cliffs of Moher-Galway-Dublin over a period of 30 hours or so seems like an inefficient use of your short time in Ireland, especially considering that the Cliffs could likely be socked in by fog or rain at that time of year, making the trip a complete waste of time.

My daughter did a semester of study abroad in Dublin and never lacked for things to see/do in or around Dublin. I think your time would be better spent staying in Dublin and perhaps taking day trips to nearby areas such as Glendalough or Newgrange. Even a trip to Howth or Malahide on the DART would be a quick, yet fun, foray out of Dublin.

Should you decide you still want to attempt this trip, then you can take the train from Dublin to Galway and the bus from Galway to the Cliffs of Moher.

See: http://www.irishrail.ie/

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1281351875-50.pdf

Edited: 11:06 am, October 09, 2012
Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Student trying to plan 4 day trip to Dublin! Help!

You could take a day trip to Belfast and visit the brilliant new Titanic centre: www.titanicbelfast.com

3. Re: Student trying to plan 4 day trip to Dublin! Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 15, 2013