We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants/Pubs for a quick dinner

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
862 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants/Pubs for a quick dinner

First I apologize, I know I've ask a similar question before but can not find it in my forum archives, so sorry if I am being redundant.

Crazy me booked a tour to Glendalough (Wild Wicklow Tour) on the same day I have tickets to a play at the Abbey. The tour does not return to the city until about 5:30 and the curtain is at 8pm. I will need to change clothes, grab a quick bite to eat and be at the theatre no later than 7:45pm. I will probably take a taxi since time will be short.

Here, finally, is my question. Where to go for a quick dinner or to pick up something to eat in my room before heading out? Soup, salad, sandwich, Chinese, Italian, what ever would be fine, but not much on Indian food.

I am staying at Buswells and the tour drops us off somewhere around Trinity College. So if recommending eating at the restaurant somewhere around or between those two places would be good or around the Abbey. If recccomending take away then somewhere between Trinity College and Buswells would be best. Eating in would give me a bit more time so I am leaning that way.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
862 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants/Pubs for a quick dinner

Ms Shuttergirl, I will let you know where I ate while in Dublin and what I though of it. My kids are grown but I have grands about the same age as your children. So I will also let you know if I think children would like it.

K.

Edited: 6:09 pm, October 09, 2012
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants/Pubs for a quick dinner

Kajo50 - thank you so much. That is very kind of you. I hope Buswell's is as nice as it looks also. Have a great trip. We are also keen to do a similar bus tour as yourself so I'd love to hear how that goes also.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants/Pubs for a quick dinner

We had lunch in The Farm last Sunday. Nice restaurant. Good value. Friendly staff. Lots of tourists eating there. Starter plus main course plus dessert for two came in at about €57. They also have a "special" lunch menu. Incidentally for anyone staying at the Burlington Hotel on Leeson Street, The Farm have opened a second outlet where the Da Vincenzo Italian restaurant used to be.

14. Re: Restaurants/Pubs for a quick dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, December 15, 2013