We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel convenient to Hugh Lane Gallery Parnell Square

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
128 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel convenient to Hugh Lane Gallery Parnell Square

We have grandstand tickets for the St. Patrick's Day Parade in 2013 at this location, but are wondering what would be a convenient hotel to stay at so we can walk to the grandstand. Preferably a hotel on the same side of the street as the grandstand, unless you think crossing the street before the parade is no problem. It doesn't have to be a low budget hotel, but not the top-of-the-line 5-star either. Something in-between that hopefully is near restaurants and some shopping and convenient to get to transportation-wise. Thanks for suggestions, we have never been to Dublin before.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel convenient to Hugh Lane Gallery Parnell Square

I have no idea what side of the street the grandstand will be on as I've never been that far up the parade route on St Patrick's Day, sorry!!! There are always crossing points though so I don't think there's a need to worry about it too much. Hotels very close to that area though include: The Maldron Parnell Square (actually on Granby Row) Jury's Parnell Street, Cassidy's Hotel, Hotel St George and Walton's Hotel all on North Great Frederick St, The Belvedere Hotel on Great Denmark Street. The Academy Hotel on Cathal Brugh Street and the Gresham and Lyham's on O''Connell Street would also be quite close.

Any hotel in Dublin 1 will be within easy walking distance.

2. Re: Hotel convenient to Hugh Lane Gallery Parnell Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 14, 2013