We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Dublin to Aviemore, Inverness

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Dublin to Aviemore, Inverness

On 20th I am reaching Dublin from Mumbai by Air.

On 23rd I need to go from Dublin to Aviemore, Scandanavian Village. I am confused as to how to get there. Did couple of searches online, Inverness is nearest airport but then again no direct flights from Dublin to Inverness. I want Direct. Also suggest if a flight is there then how to go further to reach Scandanavian village in Aviemore. If no direct flight to Inverness which is next closest airport having direct flights coming from Dublin, and then also suggest travel from that airport to hotel.

2nd Part

While in Scotland do you recommend car hire or place to place like aberdeen, glasgow, edinburgh by train.

3rd part

Post scotland going to London --> then to Paris --> then Amsterdam. I am guessing here cheapest and best way to go to these 3 cities is Train which train and what ticket should i opt for i change from each place after 3 days.

4th in Feb hows climate in Dublin, Scotland, London, Paris, Amsterdam

5th Do all these places need visa should i buy on spot or from India

so confused mostly on travel part :( need advise

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Dublin to Aviemore, Inverness

There are direct flights with flybe from Belfast airport to Inverness. Belfast can be reached from Dublin by bus or train in about 2 hours.

Sorry I can't help with the rest of your queries, perhaps post them each on the relevan lt forums?

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Dublin to Aviemore, Inverness

Sounds as if a Travel Agent, not to mention adequate travel insurance, would be a good idea for such a complicated trip.

Does your travel take place in February, 2013?

Maybe, once you sort out the Ireland to Scotland part (in order to find out where you will arrive on Scottish soil), you can post a second query on the UK Scotland Forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186485-i107-Scotl…

The visa element of your query needs to be addressed to the appropriate authorities in India, likely starting with The Irish Embassy in Mumbai.

As you intend visiting the UK, France and The Netherlands also, you should definitely start earlier rather than later, taking care of what can be time-consuming and complicated issues.

The most straightforward part of your question is the weather, although the answer may not be very helpful.

There can be big variations among such diverse locations at any time of year, February included:

Irish Meteorological Service monthly summaries illustrate the point well:

http://www.met.ie/climate/monthly-summary.asp

Somewhere like accuweather dot com will give you an idea of weather in Amsterdam:

accuweather.com/en/…249758

And, Paris:

accuweather.com/en/…623

For places within the UK:

accuweather.com/en/gb/united-kingdom-weather

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Dublin to Aviemore, Inverness

The last time I was in Inverness (a few years ago) I found that the best route was Dublin to Aberdeen airport and then hire a car. I think that Aer Lingus still operate this route on a regular basis.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,603 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Dublin to Aviemore, Inverness

I would also say Dublin to Aberdeen and rent a car, 2nd choice would be Belfast to Inverness, again you really need a car if you are going to be moving around.

www.visitaviemore.co.uk/local/index.php…

Travel documentation needs to be sorted first as in answer 2 above,

5. Re: Travel from Dublin to Aviemore, Inverness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, December 14, 2013