We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt Car Rental

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Sixt Car Rental

Sixt are fronted by County Car Rentals who use several names. They also hit you with a bill for 'damage' weeks after the car has been returned.

One to avoid.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,513 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sixt Car Rental

But was there damage? If there was not, how can they bill you for it? If there was, then they are entitled to bill you either on return of the rental or subsequently.

I would not be a recommender of SIXT, but sometimes there are two sides to the story.

Offaly
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sixt Car Rental

They can't bill you for something if it is not there. Any time I have rented a car (usually budget car rental) I sign a car check sheet and have to sign it on inspection on return of the car.

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Alleged damage that was not declared at time of return when inspected twice was a tear to the rear seat of a Nissan Micra cost..........euro 933! Repair carried out by same outfit. Payment from credit card three weeks after car was returned, I was informed by post 3 days after the payment. A racket that I am not the only victim of, you check the car then they come up with damage after you have left especially tourists from abroad. Do not use County Car Rentals (SIXT) Dublin Airport.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
70 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sixt Car Rental

@ 119Michael, I am sorry that you are unhappy with the damage charge, I will be happy to contact Dublin Airport to discuss the damage on your behalf. Please send me through the details in a private message.

Gary - Sixt Customer Service Team

Edited: 2:28 am, September 10, 2012
London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Gary,

I all ready had a reply from the Sixt representative at Dublin Airport/County Car Rentals, he was of no help to me. If you think you can do anything give me your details and I can show you the claim I received, look at it as if you were a genuine customer who had looked after the vehicle and see what you think.

Michael.

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Gary - Sixt Customer Service Team has offered to help, sent him all the details last night.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
70 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Thank you, I have received your message and have contacted my colleagues in Ireland. I have included further detail in my e-mail to you.

Gary - Customer Service Team

Idaho
Level Contributor
44 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Very nice to have a personal rep. from Sixt to personally help with your claim. I have a rez. with them for next month & hope I don't need Gary's help. <smile>

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sixt Car Rental

I would give County Car Rentals at Dublin International Airport a miss if I were you. Foreign tourists are right up their street.

Should you use them video the car inside and out on return and get a receipt stating all is well. It cost me Euro 933 to find out.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sixt Car Rental

if there wasnt any damage -then claim this back of your credit card company