We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Sunday Arrival

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Easter Sunday Arrival

Hi I am enjoying all the good advice I am getting from this site. I've been trying to find out if public transport or indeed and buses from the airport into Dublin will be running, if not how much can I expect to pay for a taxi. Many thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Sunday Arrival

In general Dublin Bus will run a Sunday service on Bank Holidays. Taxi to city centre if you don't want to wait is about €25-30 and probably better option.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
714 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Sunday Arrival

Depends on your arrival time - most buses will be running but theres a military parade through O'Connell St sometime in the morning - like UK Rememberence Day in Whitehall, check www.dublinbus.ie for more details.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Sunday Arrival

The buses will be running - the public buses may be fewer in number than on other days.

A really good alternative is the Aircoach service. It is a private bus company the offer service about every 20 mins from the airport to the city centre and beyond, stopping off at or close by most major hotels. It costs about 7 euro one way or 12 roundtrip. The advantage over regular public transport is a more direct route although it is pricier. Will definitely be running on Easter Sunday (although route in the city centre may have take the parade into account).

A taxi is a good alternative if you have a group of 3 or more to split the cost.