We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A list of specials at pubs etc ?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
A list of specials at pubs etc ?

I am not sure if their is such a thing but I was Wondering if there is a list out there somewhere that summarizes which pubs have specials and on what days. For example a pub that has 2 for 1 priced drinks before 10pm on a Monday night, or if a pub has a certain dinner special on a certain night of the week.

Thanks in advance !

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: A list of specials at pubs etc ?

Publin might be of help

http://publin.ie/

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: A list of specials at pubs etc ?

Happy Hour and similar price promotions are now illegal in Ireland.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
185 reviews
3. Re: A list of specials at pubs etc ?

www.mylunch.ie

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: A list of specials at pubs etc ?

Blawclea,

There has been legislation recently to cut down on this type of thing,but it still happens regularly.

There is a club on Harcourt street for example,which do €2.00 a drink on certain mid-week nights,yet at the weekends drinks are full price.

Other bars and clubs regularly have certain drinks specials on,i.e spirit and a dash,or a particular brand of beer on special offer.

There is a loop hole in the legislation which allows publicans to exploit it.

Sparky.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: A list of specials at pubs etc ?

Sparky,

I know the place you mean. It's only a few doors down from the Garda regional HQ!

:-/

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
21,598 posts
6. Re: A list of specials at pubs etc ?

Rosie O' Grady's in Harolds Cross have specials, including three pint's a tenner, three longnecks a tenner and cocktails a fiver. And the food's not bad either.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: A list of specials at pubs etc ?

Lordkimmage,

I love Rosie's,used to go there regularly when I worked in a pub in Terenure.Great little pub,and a great pint.

Blawcleea,I worked in Coppers for over a year and never once went into Diceys,not my scene,even for 2 euro a drink!

Sparky.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
8. Re: A list of specials at pubs etc ?

This map might help:

http://www.guidetodublin.com/map.shtml

Parnell Square is in the area of markers 34 and 54 - refer to points of interest listed to right of map - in the centre of Quadrant C2.

9. Re: A list of specials at pubs etc ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, June 18, 2013