We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

manchester
5 posts
Save Topic
where to stay

hi there

me and agang of my girly mates are coming over to dublin in a couple of weeks for the weekend, for my birthday (yay). we still havent sorted any accom out, we want to stay in, or at least within walking distance of the city centre. can anyone throw a few road names/hotel names at us please??? we've heard that the temple bar area is a good place to go out and so we'd like to stay around there. what about the banks of the dublin canal? is that a good location to base ourselves, we basically need to be near enoguh to stagger home after a long long night drinking!!

also is it mianly bars , or are there any clubs ? are the bars found on one main stratch of road or do they tend to be dotted arouns all over the place????

please we need halp and advice and would most appreciate any help anyone can give us out there!!!

love 5 girlys wanting a good time

xxxx

Scotland
Level Contributor
242 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

We're just back from a weekend in Dublin and have had a whale of a time!

We stayed in the St Stephens Green Hotel - just off the top end of Grafton St (where some of the shops are), so it's within the City Centre. We paid 99E for a double room en-suite. It's well within walking (or should that be staggering distance from the pubs)

Temple Bar area is a real mix of pubs, clubs and restaurants. Some of the pubs are your typical Irish Bars that play traditional music, whereas some others are more modern. Couldn't tell you about the clubs as that's not our bag.

The pubs are dotted about all over the place - North and South of the River.

Check out when you're going, so that you're not clashing with either of the Irish home matches in this years Six Nations rugby - otherwise you might struggle to find somewhere to stay.

For a really nice meal, try eating in Luigi Malone's in the Temple Bar - you'll need to book on a Friday or Saturday nights. Check out the website and get the phone number from there. The Chicken wings are to die for (you'll get 20+ in one portion!!)

Have a blast and enjoy the craic!

manchester england
Level Contributor
691 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

if you want temple car and a nice hotel try the clarence pricey but nice

other hotel the clarence swiming pool etc as well

have a lovely time

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

check out the jury's inns ( see www.jurysdoyle.com) There are three in Dublin city centre and are usually very reasonable priced. Alternatively try Brooks Hotel or The Mercer which are again very central and well priced.

If you want to large it up then Temple Bar is a good bet with bars such as Buskers and Fitzsimons being favourites. Popular clubs are Boomerang and Club M...it depends what you're looking for. Temple Bar is ver touristy though and you're likely to meet lots of english people.

If that doesn't appeal, then you could stray off the tourist path and mix with the locals at Market Bar ( Fade St.), Dakota ( South William St.), 4 Dame Lane ( Dame Lane!) and afterwards at Club Ri-Ra ( Off Exchequer St.). All of the above are within 5 mins walk of each other just behind Grafton St.

Hope this helps...have a top weekend!

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

Based on your requirements, and TA's list of favourite Dublin hotels, the clear winner is ... the Adams Trinity Hotel.

http://www.adamstrinityhoteldublin.com/

Welling, Kent
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay

Me and my mates got back from Dublin yesterday after a mad wkend for my birthday too!! We stayed at the Jurys Inn Parnell Street which was a really good price and so much betta than we expected. It is quite a new hotel I think and is really modern. The staff were very helpful, specially when our key wouldnt work, that might have been due to the alcohol though!! The hotel was 2mins from the shops which there are loads of, henry street was our favorite which was just behind our hotel! For bars most of the bars and restaurants are in Temple Bar which is South of the river but just a 10 minute walk. Temple Bar is a long street with a few roads off it with more bars on them. Our favorite was Buskiers which has a night club under it too. Lots of the bars are open til 2. There are only a few clubs that we knew of, Spirit was a good one- thats on Abbey Street bout 5 mins walk and has 3 floors but is bout 20euros entry, thats open til 3. Appartently there are nightclubs til 5 but we didnt find ones! Hope you have a wicked time, im sure you will!! Allison.x.