We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best airfares to Ireland

Charlottesville...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best airfares to Ireland

I am looking for what city and what airline consistently has the best airfares from the U.S. to Ireland. I have enough frequent flyer miles to get to most anywhere in the U.S. but not enough to get to get overseas. Would like to use ff miles to get to best launching off place from U.S. to Ireland. Or If there is a way to use my ff miles to fly to Ireland I would like to know that. Thanks .

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best airfares to Ireland

Boston & New York are closer to Ireland than say, Chicago or Atlanta - so it's naturally cheaper to fly from those cities.

However, the airlines often offer fare sales, so you should sign up for their promotional e-mails.

These airlines fly nonstop from the US to Ireland: Aer Lingus, American, Continental, Delta, US Air

space coast, fl
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best airfares to Ireland

Quite a few cities from the east coast fly direct. Before you use your miles make sure you really have a good deal. IMO, it's not worth using the miles if it's just $100 more to fly from close by... so check around. You may want to save the miles for a longer haul across country.

Or even better, save them for international all the way through!

Edited: 10:54 pm, November 26, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best airfares to Ireland

I would hold off on using airmiles for internal flights and save them towards an international flight. You dont say which airline you have the miles with nor when you intend travelling but from experience, the best deals seem to be from JFK to Dublin on Aer Lingus , JFK to Dublin on Delta and PHL to Dublin on US Airways.

Sometimes the base fare Point A to Point B to Point C can be the same as Point B to Point C. So I would suggest looking at the various airline websites and see which works best for you .

Charlottesville...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best airfares to Ireland

Thanks for the advice. AK

Charlottesville...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: best airfares to Ireland

Thanks for the help

Nebraska
Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best airfares to Ireland

Newark (Continental) typically has some reasonable flights to Dublin. Watch the airlines carefully on Kayak for your time frame to get an idea of the pricing so when a good deal comes up you are ready to act.

Charlottesville...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: best airfares to Ireland

Thanks for the help

8. Re: best airfares to Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, June 23, 2013