We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Pat's Day - Dublin

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wuerzburg, Germany
1 post
Save Topic
St. Pat's Day - Dublin

I'll be spending the weekend of St. Patrick's day in Dublin with several friends (all late 20's-early 30's). Any suggestions on the best areas for accomodations? Specific places? places to avoid? thanks in advance!

cheltenham, england
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Pat's Day - Dublin

hello.

i want to go to st patricks day but i don;t find acommodation .

if you can help me please reply me.

thank you

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Pat's Day - Dublin

Hi there. Hotel accommodation in Dublin can be expensive- so best to shop around.

Jurys Inn's have a number of clean, but basic hotels at a number of locations in the City- Christchurch is probably the best of these.

There are a number of budget hotels on Gardiner Street, but I would only recommend these if you cant find anything else, as they are pretty dated.

The most central areas of town will be Dublin 1 (City Centre North of the River), and Dublin 2 (City Centre South of the River). Avoid hotels that are in the "high" Dublin numbers in their postal code, as these will be in the suburbs

Washington, DC
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Pat's Day - Dublin

I will also be in Dublin for St. Patrick's week-end. I am trying to deside between The Davenpot Hotel at 109.00 eur. or The Latchford (on Baggott Strret - Lower) for 68.00 euros. Do anyone know The Latchford? The price seems to good.

D. Gloden, Washington, DC

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Pat's Day - Dublin

Hi Freethink.

I live in Dublin so I dont know too much about the Latchford- the best I can offer is a "location" comparison.

The Davenport is a really nice hotel- 4-star, and relatively close to the centre of town. It is just off a really pretty square called Merrion Square, and is a five minute walk from Stephens Green, Trinity etc. It should be "relatively" quiet as well, as it is close to the Dail (Parliament Buildings) and from being around there late at night it isnt so noisy. Normally over St Patricks there are lots of activities around the square as well, so you would be close by to any of these events.

The Latchford (or at least Baggot Street lower) is about 5/10 minutes walk from the Davenport. Close to St Stephens Green, and the shopping areas. This area is much more lively - lots of pubs, restaurants etc on your doorstep, and I think should be really buzzing on St Patricks night.

I would say the Latchford will be less fancy that the Davenport- but it seems a very good price for a Dublin Hotel. Hope this helps

dublin
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Pat's Day - Dublin

Golly, St. Pat's weekend is the one weekend I try to escape from this ciity....it's awash with gross behaviour!!

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Pat's Day - Dublin

There is an old saying here - Any cat with a tail in Gardener Street must be a tourist - don't! Go south of the river Dublin 2 or Dublin 4.

Dublin Resident