We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Ireland

Lima, OH
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
London to Ireland

When I last visite Ireland I traveled from Dublin to Holyhead via a ferry. I remember that it was a little time consuming. This trip, I will be traveling from London to Dublin with two children. What do you think would be the best way to get from London to Ireland? I am looking more for convenience and thinking about the time factor. Thanks for any help.

ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Ireland

I am doing the samething for st paddy day and i book my flight from london to dublin with bmi and to fly back to london i am with ryanair.it cheap to fly there so try looking at www.ryanair.com and www.flybmi.com hope this will help you .

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,179 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Ireland

Ryanair always have good fares to London. However the London airports of Stanstead and Gatwick are quite far from the city. There are train services to them but these are quite expensive, 18euro(£12) each way or something like that. Aerlingus fly from Heathrow which is served by London Underground and is a bit closer than the others, however the tube takes about 45-50 mins to get there. It is more expensive to fly out of heathrow than Stansted or Gatwick.

I would check www.aerlingus.com and www.ryanair.com

Lima, OH
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Ireland

Thanks for the information so far. I have checked out the websites recommended and these give me a starting point. Thanks so much!

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London to Ireland

BMI also fly from Heathrow to Dublin and can be quite competitive. See www.bmi.com

Depending on what you're doing and where you're staying in London, London City airport is VERY convenient. Air France/Cityjet fly from there but they tend to be more expensive than flying from the other airports.

Clare
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: London to Ireland

The good thing with ryanair is that adults with children are boarded first.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London to Ireland

I think most airlines do that?

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London to Ireland

I'm also flying from London to Dublin. Our plan is to go up to Belfast after Dublin and then fly to Paris. Is it possible to fly from London-to-Dublin and from Belfast-to-Paris via one airline? Thanks!

ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London to Ireland

hi did you look at bmi flights , they gowere you want to go to, website www.flybmi.com

ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London to Ireland

sorry also look at easyjet , just look for the best price like i did , i fly to dublin with bmi and back to gatwick with ryanair for my flight home ,www.easyjet.com

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London to Ireland

Thanks phipps, that was good advice! I checked bmi, aerlingus and easyjet and found the best rates are to fly bmi from London to Dublin and to fly easyjet from Belfast to Paris.