We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbridge

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota, U.S.
2 posts
Save Topic
Newbridge

Can anyone tell me about this city as a place to either visit or live? Crime? Economics? Traffic? Shopping? Schools? Thanks!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbridge

Hi,

Newbridge is not a city, its a medium sized town within commuting distance of Dublin.

Not sure if that helps!

Dublin
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbridge

Yeah, Newbridge is thirty miles from Dublin and many people commute to the capital. It is at the centre of the horse racing industry in Ireland and is near to a military camp. It is well serviced with schools and shopping is more than adequate.

Crime is no worse than any medium sized town and it is a reasonably wealthy town.

kildare
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbridge

Hi There,

I am a trip advisor member from Newbridge, Co. Kildare. This is a fairly dacent midland town...as midland towns go that is. I have just joined the internet highway so excuse the very delayed response to your initial querie!

The pubs here are pretty ok, avoid the nite clubs unless you love bad music. There's loadsa shops and more to come by April '06. Get taxis at night please. Plenty of hotels with great gyms. The Curragh racecourse for the wild at heart. The K club for the golfers or just the plain rich. History...you could have a bath in it here in in our old town!!!

And hey, the people may be stuck here but we do our best to make you feel WELCOME, bless us.

Visit its ok here and only 30 minutes from Dublin, by train, if you need to make a quick escape.

Cheers.