We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our first trip to Ireland...what is a "do not miss this...

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Our first trip to Ireland...what is a "do not miss this...

My wife and I are making our first trip to Ireland in Mid-March. We will be there for two weeks and would love to get some ideas from you about what should not be missed. We are in our 50's, so all-night discos are not that appealing.

Thanks!

Phoenix
Level Contributor
660 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Our first trip to Ireland...what is a "do not miss this...

I second the idea of a trip to Northern Ireland. Very friendly people and so proud to show off their country.

I would highly recommend you see the Giant's Causeway. Nearby there is a place which was closed when I was there but I hear it's quite good. It's the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. Quite thrilling and somewhat scarey from what I hear but beautiful scenery.

portoflarne.co.uk/cruise-larne/…

I was there in January I do believe that's why it was closed.

Just driving along the Northern Coast of Northern Ireland is so breathtaking and beautiful!

Ok so as not to leave out the Southern part. The things I throughly enjoyed were, Cliffs of Moher, Driving over Conor Pass, The Ring of Kerry, Slea Head, Brandon and Clohane, Going on a small 4 man boat on Lough Gill (in Sligo) and going to Yeats Island, Traveling up around Donegal along the coastline, going to pubs in very small villages. Wow such wonderful memories. Some of my most favorites were not the typical touristy things, it was just getting out, trying to blend in and observe.