We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local liquor...absinthe...

cali
2 posts
Save Topic
local liquor...absinthe...

what are some local liquors i should definitely try...

do bars have absinthe in dublin?

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: local liquor...absinthe...

No?? Okay. It's a good name for a dog though. God speed. :-)

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,747 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: local liquor...absinthe...

I assume it was a man who gave you the good advice Enic, and for whom it seems as easy to go into labour as to join Labour.

Look after yourself and enjoy your time off. It feels like only yesterday I had my "Baby" and he's now over 4 foot tall (yes he's tall for 5!!)

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: local liquor...absinthe...

Hmmmmm, Absinthe...it has been reported that the "honeymoon" fellow that went missing from the Royal Caribbean ship was imbibing in Absinthe prior to his going missing! Warning, warning!

I think I'll just stay with my good ol' Jameson's & ginger ale, or Midleton straight up to warm me in February. Hey, group...only 18 more days for me....HOORAY!!!!

dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
611 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: local liquor...absinthe...

Why not, Boru - though could be a tough one for a girl to live with :-)) Although no worse than others I've heard of...

Bean, consultant is female - I think she was joking though....at least I hope she was joking :-))

Thanks to u both for ur good wishes!

Was out in the hell that's the Long Mile Road in Dubln yesterday buying a last minute rain cover for the baby's buggy and saw a woman in the shop dressed in pjs, dressing gown and slippers buying a car seat...beware post-natal women with a manic gleam in their eye!!

Cruiseking, hope you have a great trip after all the planning and a few nice surprises into the bargain!

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: local liquor...absinthe...

:-) I know the Bewleys out there well. Good, cheap hotel. Too far out from the city centre though. Good Chinese in Victoria across the road. Cheers.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: local liquor...absinthe...

Hey enic. That wasn't perhaps one of those ladies with the babies at the Newland's Cross light was it? I suspect that under all the blankets sometimes they have a doll. I guess you didn't beat the traffic. The Luas worked wonders, huh? :-)

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: local liquor...absinthe...

Hey enic...thanks and best wishes to you for a strong & healthy little arrival from the stork!

dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
611 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: local liquor...absinthe...

nope, boru - apparently the hospitals don't let u take the baby home unless u have a carseat so i suspect she and partner came direct from the Rotunda or wherever! Or maybe she felt like going to the macdonalds drive-through...u never know us mad pregnant women!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: local liquor...absinthe...

Hi quick note for anyone in search of good absinthe - the best spot I've indulged has got to be Bar Marsala on Sant Pau ( think - hmmm)Las Ramblas in Barcelona. Most people only drink Absinthe and the bar, it's clients and staff all take on an otherworldly quality after about 2am... The street is notorious for prostitution and drug dealing - so be most careful - travel in a group and move on to your next beverage location before 2am! The bar opens at 10, don't think of going there before 11.30! and best not linger too long so the green fairy doesn't take hold of you and whisk you away......