We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlington - Temple Bar vs O'connell?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
Arlington - Temple Bar vs O'connell?

Hi I've been looking for a hotel for a ladies (I would say Girly but that's pushing my luck) week-end in Nov. One of us has a friend living in Cork who suggested the Arlington, but I'm not sure which one.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Ta v much

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
1. Re: Arlington - Temple Bar vs O'connell?

The Arlington Bachelors' Walk is in the north city centre, facing the River Liffey and just a few hundred metres from O'Connell Street and O'Connell Bridge.

The Arlington Temple Bar is in Lord Edward Street in the south city centre, on the edge of Temple Bar and opposite Dublin Castle. While it's only about 10 minutes' walk from one to the other, the Arlington Temple Bar is more in the thick of it. Apart from Temple Bar, the south city centre has a much greater concentration of pubs, bars, restaurants, cafes etc and the hotel is close to the Georges Street/Grafton Street/South William Street areas for instance.

Both are three star hotels popular with party groups of visitors so both are likely to be very noisy until very late - particularly at weekends. You might be OK with that. On the other hand, you might prefer to get your head down somewhere a little quieter at the end of a night. To be honest, we don't recommend either of the Arlington's to visitors unless they are specifically looking for a party hotel where they can whoop it up until late without worrying about the neighbours.

If you do want some suggestions for hotels that are very close to the action but with the distinct possibility of a night's sleep (!) then post again and we can recommend some. You could also check out the Top Questions about Dublin section on the right hand side of the Dublin Forum and click on 'where can I stay in Dublin?' for lots of accommodation recommendations in the city centre to suit a range of budgets. You'll also find maps and get an idea of the scale of the city centre in the Top Questions section. Dublin city centre is very compact, mostly flat and easily walkable, so no where either in the north or south city centre is very far from anywhere else.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
2. Re: Arlington - Temple Bar vs O'connell?

Arlington temple bar is much better cleaner safer and better music.

3. Re: Arlington - Temple Bar vs O'connell?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, May 16, 2011