We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarion Liffey transfer

Hampshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Clarion Liffey transfer

Does anyone know which buses to use to go from the airport to Clarion Liffey Hotel?? I know it is to the west of dublin, Do I have to get a airlink to city centre then another to Liffey Valley?? I will be using a dublin pass aswell as this seems good value?!

Thanks in advance for your advice

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,834 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Clarion Liffey transfer

Disneyfreak, what a lovely thing to do! Hope everything goes well and that you'll have a great time. But please, don't forget what I said earlier: it is still a bit of a walk from the Liffey Valley bus stop to the hotel (which is on the periphery of the Shopping Centre rather than right beside it) if you take any of the 66s or the 67 which will leave you on the dual carriageway. I just did a search on the Dublin Bus website and found these buses serving Liffey Valley Shopping Centre: 210, 78 and 78A (all from Aston Quay in the city centre). The timetables give a journey time of 15 minutes (which makes me laugh...) but don't list individual bus stops so I still cannot say whether this would be a better option.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,834 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Clarion Liffey transfer

Just by chance we decided to go to Liffey Valley tonight and just as we arrived at one the eternal roundabouts I saw a 78A bus arriving at the same roundabout (this would have been from the Shopping Centre passing the Clarion Hotel). So I think any of those 78s would be better in order to avoid a rather long walk (as opposed from the 66s). You should ask the driver (a lot of them are really nice and will help you out) or maybe ask at the Bord Fáilte office in Dublin Airport in order to avoid any confusion?

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,241 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Clarion Liffey transfer

I would avooid the 78A. It goes around the world through all the local housing estates before it goes near Liffey Valley. Also it doesnt use the N4 QBC(Quality Bus Corridor) as far as I know. Use the 25, 66, 67s etc down at the entrance onto the dual carriageway.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,834 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Clarion Liffey transfer

I know what you mean, Irish_eyes, but it would be a long walk with luggage!

Hampshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Clarion Liffey transfer

Many Thanks Irish-eyes and claud think i will go round the houses when arriving so that the walk will be shorter with luggage and then the 66's etc for the rest of the stay!!

That has helped a great deal many thanks :)