We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mint or Halo?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,215 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Mint or Halo?

We're looking for a restaurant for New Year's Eve and have narrowed it down to Mint or Halo. I've been to their websites and both look trendy and upscale without being as expensive as Dublin's best restaurants. Does anyone have experience with either of these restaurants? Thanks.

Ireland
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mint or Halo?

I hear people saying great things about Mint. I don't know a lot about Halo. They are in quite different areas of town. Mint is in Ranelagh - about 5 minutes on the Green Line LUAS (tram) from the city centre (see www.luas.ie - I don't know when the last tram will be on New Year's Eve). Halo is on the quays near the city centre. So where you are staying may influence your choice - taxis may be difficult to get on New Year's Eve.

Dublin
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mint or Halo?

Both restaurants are really nice. My personal favourite is Halo. Reasonably priced, lovely setting - can get a table looking out onto the Liffey, central, and teh Morrison has a good late night club called Lobo that will probably have a New Year's celebration going on. Great place to people watch and the funkiest toilets in town!

The food is good and the dishes are interesting too.

Mint is a little more pricey and is out in teh sticks a bit being in Ranelagh. Food is very good though. Might be a bit quieter than Halo.

Depends on where you are ataying, but either will be good though.