We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit ireland

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
best time to visit ireland

for any experts out there. when is the least expensive time to visit ireland,when is the best time to visit ireland, and is dublin the best city to visit in ireland. thanks!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: best time to visit ireland

My parents are genaology buffs. Maybe I can help you. It was you father's mother, right? Do you have your father's birth cerificate or know where he was born to get one? Did your grandmother ever live here? Was she married in Ireland or here? Sadly, all my Irish relatives are great-grandparents, so I am not eligible.

Dear lord, the first time I went to Ireland every single farmer for miles must have been out on Saturday night. We had some very funny conversations with some of them asking them about all the things we had heard in advance about farmers...it was a lot of fun.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: best time to visit ireland

Why does Brendan Grace spring to mind? Oh, I've got a brand new combine harvester, and I'll give ooh de key...Lol

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: best time to visit ireland

Hi Westwind13,,,thanks so much. I was thinking about the birth certificate after your last post. I think my sister may have some of the papers from my parents. I'm going to email her (she's in Austin, TX) and see if she has this....or any info. I'll let you know...thanks again...if not, we're back to the "farmer plan", tee hee, just kidding!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: best time to visit ireland

Hey, CruiseKing. Your sister lives in Austin? I lived there for 10 years...still go back for all the Longhorn Games(and we are finally having a good year.) The farmer plan isn't so bad, it's just hard to really get to know someone from this distance who doesn't own a computer and has never e-mailed in his life...

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,288 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: best time to visit ireland

http://www.youth.ie/member/mnf.html

The Irish Young Farmers Association.

I've just invited myself to the wedding, LOL.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: best time to visit ireland

The British version of Country Living also has available farmers every spring...many marriages from their listings. Isn't there also a TV program featuring same? Didn't know about the Young Farmer's Assn...maybe we can all get together for the wedding....