We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmassy things to do?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Christmassy things to do?

Going to Dublin around the beginning of December. I've been before but not in the run-up to Christmas. Being a bit of a festive fan can anyone tell me if there are any fairs, events etc. to visit?

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmassy things to do?

Hi -

A couple of ideas spring to mind....

There will be ice skating at an outdoor rink set up at Smithfield, you may need to book this in advance.

Also many of the larger churches in the city have carol evenings in the weeks before Christmas. Usually pretty atmospheric from what people tell me. In general they seem to be run as charity events and there is a cover charge to support this.

Also the National Concert Hall has a Christmas programme - see www.nch.ie.

For shopping and general atmosphere Grafton Street is good and the Powerscourt Townhouse Centre nearby is great too.

If you are interested in the Ice skating post back and I'll check out the website for you. Not sure if you'll find a single place for info on the church carol singing - they are usually advertised in the local papers (or national papers for bigger events) or through local networks / workplaces etc.