We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newgrange visit / tour November 2005 (Wednesday)

Lancashire England
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Newgrange visit / tour November 2005 (Wednesday)

Visiting dublin for the first time in November, would dearly love to visit Newgrange whilst there, but all tours seem not to be on a Wednesday which is the only day I have free. Does anyone know of any tours on Wednesday or a cheap and easy way to visit the site.

Any help greatly appreciated

Sicklerville, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newgrange visit / tour November 2005 (Wednesday)

I haven't been on it, but it was recommended in the Rick Steve's guide...

Mary Gibbon's Tours -- included Newgrange and the Hill of Tara -- 35 Euros -- Mon-Fri pick up at 10:15 at the Dublin TI on Suffolk Street/ 10:30 at the Royal Dublin Hotel on O'Connell St -- home by 16:30

Reservations 01/283-9973

www.newgrangetours.com or info@newgrangetours.com

Hope this helps!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newgrange visit / tour November 2005 (Wednesday)

www.buseireann.ie is the national bus service, they run a service from Dublin to Newgrange, should take around about 1hr 20 mins at most, you will have to make connecting bus and it will cost about €15 for one adult return. There is a short walk from the bus stop to the visitors centre of a few minutes. It's the cheapest way I'm aware of to visit, there are several buses a day and you're free to travel back to Dublin at your leisure instead of a tour company's set time.

Enjoy!

Lancashire England
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newgrange visit / tour November 2005 (Wednesday)

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think we will try the regular bus service , as normally I'm not a fan of guided tours