We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!

uk
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help!

There's soooo much to read that I'm flummoxed.......taking a trip to Dublin early New Year specifically for a concert at Point theatre.........could anyone tell me if this is in a decent area, central, nearby 4 starrish hotels, stuff to see etc. Thanks.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,691 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!

My best advice is to post your question again and instead of putting "help" in the subject line why don't you put " Point Theatre" or "Point Thetatre Hotels?" or similar, you may get better information that way.

Ireland
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!

Hi Gretel

near the point you have the Jurus Inn....and also the Clarion . Clarion is definitely a 4/5 star hotel. Jurys is more of a upmarket hotel. try also Clontarf Castle Hotel ( you will need a taxi to the point but is only 5 mins or so - do not walk this area..). jurys and Clarion are within walking distance of the city centre e.g 10 mins walk (if even) so there is no shortage of sights to see etc. to be honest the Clarion and Jurys are safe but the back of the area (Sheriff Stree) may not be deemed the most safe.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!

The Morrison is 10 minutes by taxi at most from the Point, again don't walk it. Having said that, most city centre hotels will be a 10-15 minute taxi journey so there's no real need to stay very close to The Point. I'd agree that posting again might prove more fruitful for you.

uk
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!

Thanks for the info so far.........shall take advice and post again for extra info.