We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

unusual/fun dining

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
unusual/fun dining

Going out for a team night out with the ppl at work (in Dublin). Keen for an unusual restaurant. Exotic food, maybe sit on the floor or something? Any ideas? Thanks.

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: unusual/fun dining

One of the places I have heard of is the upstairs room in Chameleon Restaurant in Temple Bar. It is full of low sofas and is perfect for a private party.

The food there is excellent... it is Indonesian, and you get a number of small dishes, so there would be something for everyone and lots of variety for both meat eaters, and any vegetarians. In terms of heading on somewhere afterwards, you obviously have lots of choices.

They have a website you can visit to- it say they have group rates.

Ireland
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: unusual/fun dining

Ok I have 2 ideas:

1. there is an Asana restaurant in Baggot Street where the waiters sing while serving and do something for special occasions also.

2. There is a japanese resteaurant on exchequer street/ wicklow street. We went there for a work night out and had a laugh as you can rent the karoke rooms downstairs by the hour downstrairs. Such a skit.

If you need the names of these 2 I will get them for you - just cannot remember them right now.

Ireland
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: unusual/fun dining

Sorry i meant ASIAN restaurant on Baggot street

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: unusual/fun dining

Full support for Mullmick's suggestion of The Chameleon, I have eaten there and it's fun with all the lying about on cushions and sofas, well divan beds I think is there proper term, the food is very very good. Book upstairs (home of said divan beds) and well in advance, it's a popular spot.