We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel From Airport

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hull UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel From Airport

Hi there

Me and the missus will be arriving at Dublin airport a la Ryanair, we will land at 9am Tuesday morning.

What would the cheapest form of transport be to the George Frederic Handel Hotel located on Fishamble Street

Christchurch / Temple Bar

Dublin 8

We will have 1 suitcase.

What would the rough cost of a taxi be?

All help is much appreciated.

Rob

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel From Airport

Hi,

A taxi would cost around €15/€20 into Handels hotel (lovely by the way!) Getting a bus is definately the cheap option and goes every few mins frm the airport...I think its about €3. The bus however will drop you in the city cntr about a 10/15 min walk from the hotel as its along the quays and the bus cant go down that side frm the airport. If you're getting the bus, get off at Connolly stn then jump on the num 90 down to Handels...the bus driver will let you know where to get off if you ask him. If for some reason you get a dopey driver just ask him to let you off at the Dublin Corporation Building and you'll see Fishamble st is right next to it. Im a sucker for taxis cos im lazy and just to save hassle thats what id get but if you're looking for cheap, definately get the bus. Good luck n have fun!

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel From Airport

Rob1966, if you decide to take a taxi into town make sure to ask the driver what the charge will be before getting into the taxi. Tell him you were told it should be around Euro 20 (if that is the correct amount...?). Unfortunately there have been incidences of visitors being overcharged. Maybe, as suggested, the bus might be a better option,

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel From Airport

Yeah actually, i agree. Ive been overcharged myself and taxi drivers here are SCARY if you try to say it to them. They have a knack also of saying they dont know how much it will cost, that it goes by meter but dont accept that...they do enough runs to the airport and back to know!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel From Airport

Oh, probably should say that €20 is the absolute maximum it should cost into town, thats taking traffic etc into account, so if thats how you're gonna travel and are deciding on a price I would NOT get it if they're charging more than that...they'll just be ripping you off

Hull UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel From Airport

Thanks for the replies Guys.

I will have a good think of which form of transportation I will take.

Hull UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel From Airport

Which bus do I get from the Airport to Connoly station?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel From Airport

Its the "AirLink" bus...they're green and yellow i think, but as far as i know anyway all buses that leave frm the airport go straight to the city centre, just ask the driver if it goes to Connolly...

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,116 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel From Airport

The Airlink number748 goes right past this hotel from the Airport on its way to Heuston Station. It goes about every 20 mins from the Airport. Get out at the Dublin City Council offices, either ask the driver to let you know or keep an eye out for it.

No need to be takin 2 buses or a taxi. Just dont mix it up with Airlink number747 as this does not go this way

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,116 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel From Airport

I forgot to mention that the cash fair for the Airlink service is 5euro. However if you buy a 1-day bus pass at the machine beside the Dublin Bus busstops outside the terminal building this is only 5euro and can be used on the Airlink and any other bus for the rest of the day. A 1-day tram and bus card costs 6euro and can be gotten from tram ticket machines and Diblin Bus agents.

You can also get bus and rail day tickets etc etc whichever is most suited to your needs