We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lady needs help

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
Level Contributor
231 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Lady needs help

Hello,

Never been to Dublin and need advise on what bars/clubs to go too and also suitable attire for the evening!

It will be a Saturday night, don't wanna be too casual in case go on to a club. But don't wanna stick out like a sore thumb!

Do any ladies out there have any suggestions?

Cheers

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lady needs help

Wear whatever you like, its quite common to see ladies done up to the 9's in pubs alongside other ladies in trainers and trackies. If you want the option to go clubbing then the best combo would probably be jeans and a nice dressy top- these will take you anywhere in Dublin. Aviod Temple Bar unless you want to meet fellow tourists only. Try Mulligans on Poolbeg St for a crowded but old-fashoined atmosphere or Doyles opposite Trinity College for late drinking with a mixed crowd. Cant help with the clubs as my clubbing days are truly over! The event Guide is a free paper you can pick up almost anywhere in Dublin which has listings for everything. Enjoy your trip, hope you have great craic

j52
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lady needs help

you can never go wrong with black!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lady needs help

I agree that Temple Bar on weekend nights is best avoided as it has a lot of hen/stag parties there. Some Dublin pubs / clubs with doorstaff will not allow you in if you are wearing runners, even ones that are casual and not suitable for sports. This doesnt happen all the time, but it has happened to me before. People tend to wear anything and everything going out in Dublin from girls wearing micro minis to much more covered up clothes. Wear whatever is comfortable for you.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lady needs help

I agree that Temple Bar on weekend nights is best avoided as it has a lot of hen/stag parties there. Some Dublin pubs / clubs with doorstaff will not allow you in if you are wearing runners, even ones that are casual and not suitable for sports. This doesnt happen all the time, but it has happened to me before. People tend to wear anything and everything going out in Dublin from girls wearing micro minis to much more covered up clothes. Wear whatever is comfortable for you.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lady needs help

The area between Grafton st and Georges st are usually good for going out, Id normally head to Georges st and upwards towards Camden st. theres not half as many tourists there and you get loads of funky people around. Again, like the other girls were saying you should DEFINATELY wear whatever you're comfy in, I cant wear heels so I go for wedges, runners or boots. Usually runners to be honest and i rarely get any grief, and if I do it never bothers me as id hate to be let into a place with dress code like that. Check out www.entertainment.ie for an idea of whats on where.