We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diamond Appraiser

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Diamond Appraiser

Could anyone recommend a reliable diamond appraiser in the Dublin/Waterford/Tipperary area? I want to get an engagemnet ring valued that my fiance bought me in Turkey.

Any help is really appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Waterford
Waterford
County Waterford, Ireland
Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diamond Appraiser

Not saying that he bought a turkey, but if it is anything like the Rolex watch that I bought .............!!!!

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,430 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diamond Appraiser

"Not saying that he bought a turkey, but if it is anything like the Rolex watch that I bought .............!!!!"

Lol.

Try Wiers in Dublin...and there's a lane off Grafton street leading towards the Westbury mall..Dublin posters will know it, where there are reliable, reputable jewellers.

Look for a blue colour; yellow= bad.

Of course, you may have a CZ type of thing.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Grafton Street
Grafton Street
3,711 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
The Westbury
The Westbury
4,269 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Diamond Appraiser

Just about any independent jeweller (not a mall jeweller) will do an appraisal for you. I assume you want it done for insurance reasons (and not to measure the depth of his love for you :)

We just had this done for our policy and used a local jeweller by where we live no problem.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,430 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diamond Appraiser

Katy - I remembered the name of that lane, it's Johnsons Court, a nice 'quaint' looking little street just off Grafton street.

There's quite a few of them there, such as Sheerans and Applebys.

http://www.paulsheeranjewellers.ie/about.htm

As Mark mentioned, many established jewellers will offer this service, so hopefully you'll get other suggestions.

There are quite a few in the county Clare/ Limerick area, but don't know any in Tipp or Waterfod.

Mentioned in this post
Grafton Street
Grafton Street
3,711 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
County Clare
County Clare
Province of Munster, Ireland
Limerick
Limerick
County Limerick, Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diamond Appraiser

Thanks a million guys! We asked around where we live and there is a local jeweller that will value it for us which is great. I didn't realise that a local jeweller would offer this service.

... and yes, its for insurance purposes :)

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,237 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diamond Appraiser

Katy, any local jeweller worth his/her name will do this for you. Good luck with it.

It took me 26 years to get my engagement ring... at the time it was a trade-off between a week in Donegal or an engagement ring. I chose Donegal.

But I now have the most beautiful ring. And I had Donegal. May you have the precious memories that I have.

Mentioned in this post
new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diamond Appraiser

LOL! 23 years ago, it was a drivable car for my fiance or a ring.... we chose the car.... his grandmother on the other hand, remembered her engagement... between a ring or a stove....she chose the stove but bought herself several "engagement" rings later in life.... one of which she passed down to me! Still wearing it everyday for almost 23 years.

8. Re: Diamond Appraiser

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 29, 2010