We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice - pros & cons please

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
53 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel advice - pros & cons please

As you can see from my previous posts I am on the look out for accommodation. . .

who you guys be willing to comment, giving pros /cons of price, suitability, distance from city centre, quite / noisy; location (ie is it in an industrial estate, or, is there building work going on etc) views from location & then your own preference on the following establishments:

perhaps even a yes / no answer and a brief reason would suffice

School House

Fitzpatrick castle (already had comments, thanks)

No 31

Hotel Isaacs

La Stampa

Clontraf Castle

Stillgiorran

Castlenock

Merrion

Aishling House

Jury Custom

Red Cow Moran

Mespil

4 seasons

thanks to those who have already replied to earlier posts

you are all stars - Dengke

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel advice - pros & cons please

I cant comment on all of these- of those that I know

School House- close to Merrion Square- start of Dublin 4's leafy suburbs- central, but wont be too noisey at night.

La Stampa- on Dawson Street- right in the city centre. Some of Dublin's fancier pubs are on this street, so there may be some noise- boutique style hotel- will be quiet if you are not facing the street

Clontarf Castle- residential area, a definite bus journey/ DART journey into the city. Reasonably modern- although it may have castle in its name, it doenst live up to the "I am staying in an Irish castle" dream.

Stillorgan- again a bus journey away- definitely in the suburbs. Residential area- you will need to get to Luas into town

Castlenock- suburban residential

Merrion- If you mean Merrion Square- very pretty square in the centre of town- would be reasonably quiet at night time

Aishling House- I wouldn suggest- this is very close to Housten Station, but (and I dont mean to be cruel) doesnt look like it has seen a lick of paint since the 70s

Jury Custom- there are plenty of these- the best location is Christchurch I think

Red Cow Moran- not a great choice for someone planning on seeing the city- this is situated at the Red Cow roundabout, known here at the Mad Cow roundabout- bad traffic into the city, but on the Luas it wouldnt be too bad

Mespil- not too far from the school house- personally, the school house would be my preference though

4 seasons- Ballsbridge Dublin 4- I bus journey into town, but is a fab hotel. Residential area and on good bus routes.

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
53 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel advice - pros & cons please

Thanks MullMick for your replies - extremely helpful . . .

could you comment on

No 31 for me please?

also your comments on Fitzpatrick Castle would be appreciated too please

thanks, Dengke

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,417 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel advice - pros & cons please

I wouldn't recomend La Stampa (at least not the restaurant). And yes, it is on a busy street so you would definitely need rooms out the back (will probably cost more).

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
53 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel advice - pros & cons please

Can anyone give me their comments of the Longfield's Hotel

9-10 Lower Fitzwilliam Street Dublin 2 please