We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin accomodations

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin accomodations

Hi.

I'm going to be in Dublin for 2 or 3 nights at the start of October, and am trying to find a hostel to stay in. I was thinking of Oliver St John Gogarty. Has anyone heard anything about this hostel? Or do you have any others that you prefer?

Thanks

Barb

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin accomodations

Hi!, as a frequent visitor to Dublin I haven't actually stayed in any of the hostels, but I do know the location of the Oliver St John Gogarty well. It's in the heart of the tourist area of Temple Bar which has many bars and restaurants, and is busy night and day. The hostel is part of the busy Oliver St John Gogarty pub, and as the area is always busy, I think it would be very safe for you and ideal for seeing Dublins attractions, as you are a short walk from Trinity college, Grafton Street etc.

I have seen another hostel not far from this one, also in Temple Bar called Barnacles Temple Bar House which looks nice too. I don't know if you have already seen them but check out www.hosteldublin.com for more information or www.barnacles.ie.

Have a great time!

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin accomodations

I've stayed in Barnacles in Temple Bar 3 times. It's very basic but clean and the staff are lovely, nice breakfast eat as much as you like tea,coffee, orange juice,toast and cereals. The best thing about it is it's location it's brilliant right in the heart of everything. Would highly recommend.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin accomodations

I've stayed in Barnacles in Temple Bar 3 times. It's very basic but clean and the staff are lovely, nice breakfast eat as much as you like tea,coffee, orange juice,toast and cereals. The best thing about it is it's location it's brilliant right in the heart of everything. Would highly recommend.

Scotland
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin accomodations

Hi Meditrina,

I lived in Dublin myself for a while , and its the best city in the world!!! you will have a fab time.

Oliver St John Gogartys is a pub with live music, restaurantr & hostel.

Its right in the heart of Temple Bar and is a geat place to go, however maybe you dont want music blaring into all hours of the morning!

I always stayed at Isaacs Hostel, in Frenchmans Lane, right next to the Busaras (bus station) & its a great, warm friendly place. Prices start at 10 euros per night.

Its a 5 minute walk from O'Connel Street & I would defo recommend Isaccs.

Also when you are in Dublin, try to go to the Arlingtom Hotel (just off O'Connell Bridge) for a night of traditional Irish dancing, its a great night , but arrive early as seats are taken up quickly. The dancing is on downstairs along with live music ever night.

I have links here for the 2 hostels mentioned.

Hope you have a great time & have a guiness for me!

www.olivergogartys.com/

www.isaacshostel.com/