We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camden Deluxe Hotel

MARYLAND
Level Contributor
538 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Camden Deluxe Hotel

Found a great rate for this hotel and have read the reviews...Now I need to choose between Jury's Parnell St, Quality Dublin Center and Camden Deluxe.....We are in our mid 50's and just want something central and quiet if possible, without too much walking to sites...Thanks for any advice.

Mentioned in this post
The Camden Hotel by the KeyCollection
The Camden Hotel by the...
491 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
MARYLAND
Level Contributor
538 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camden Deluxe Hotel

Forgot to mention that we will be in Dublin from Tuesday to Thursday night so no weekend crowds.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camden Deluxe Hotel

Firstly Cead Mile Failte! (Thats Gaelic/Irish for 100 Thousand Welcomes!) You will have a great time in Dublin.

As your only staying midweek Tue-Thurs it won't be that busy in the City so I would recommend you stay as central as possible.

To give you a feel for the geography of the City O'Connell Bridge is In the Centre and the heart of the City.

The 3 Hotels you are looking at are Jury's (Northside of the City and about a 10 minute walk to the centre).This area is heavy with shops and offices so can be a little deserted at night.

The Quality (East of the City and about 15 Min walk, the area is being regenerated so lots of construction work going on, but by all acounts a fine hotel, breakfast costs an extra 13 euro though and you would get your DINNER in any of the cities pubs for that price!)

The Camden(Southside of the City, about 25 min walk if your feeling energetic!) they are all close to the outer limits of the city in terms of tourist interests. As you can tell from my walking times guide the tourist areas tend to extend out further on the Southside.

I can suggest a few more central hotels to you, namely Temple bar Hotel. I've stayed here and you will only need 2 Taxis for your stay!( To and from the airport (about 25 Euro each way) and visiting the Guinness store house(Don't miss this, Try and go on your first day and you will get a real feel for the city!) Jury's have another hotel called Jurys Christchurch which is pretty good as well although not quite as central as the Temple Bar hotel.

Good places to visit for live Irish music include The Arlington Hotel(Another Hotel with a super location but I can't recommend it as I havn't stayed, sorry!) and a pub on Westmoreland street 30 yards from Temple Bar Hotel called I think..The Bridge cafe bar or it might be the pub beside it, just follow the sound of live music!

There is a great Italian Restaurant in Temple Bar called Botticellis if you like that kind of thing(I do) but if you want to try Irish food the Oliver St. John Gogarty is the place to go, especially if you like sea food.

For shopping There is the Jervis centre(Northside 5 mins), Grafton street and Stephen's Green shopping centre(both Southside).

Here are a few sites that you might find useful, Including the official visitor site which has maps and stuff.

Hope this helps, enjoy your stay.

http://www.visitdublin.com/maps/

http://www.bookajurysinn.com/

http://www.templebarhotel.com/

http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/

Mentioned in this post
Temple Bar Hotel
Temple Bar Hotel
2,466 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Oliver St. John Gogarty's Hostel
Oliver St. John...
779 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
491 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Irish Day Tours
Irish Day Tours
4,900 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
O'Connell Bridge
O'Connell Bridge
334 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Grafton Street
Grafton Street
3,692 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Christchurch
Christchurch
Dorset, UK
MARYLAND
Level Contributor
538 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camden Deluxe Hotel

Thanks Steviemayhem for your thorough reply....I cancelled the Camden, even though I got a rate of 70 euro's per night....really leaning towards the Jury's Parnell.....Temple Bar Hotel is too pricey for us.....

Mentioned in this post
Temple Bar Hotel
Temple Bar Hotel
2,466 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
491 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland