We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zozimus tour?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Zozimus tour?

Does anyone know if the Zozimus walking tour is still in operation? The website is down so I'm not sure how to get information now. Alternatively, does anyone recommend another evening tour of Dublin?

Debbie Brown

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zozimus tour?

Deb: The Dublin Literary pub crawl is an evening walking tour, although it is really a pub crawl more than a "tour"! It covers a number of traditional pubs associated with Ireland's most famous, and perhaps infamous literary minds. There are a number of reviews posted about it on this site- all good feedback.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin Literary Pub Crawl
Dublin Literary Pub Crawl
799 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zozimus tour?

I'm not sure if a pub crawl is what we're looking for. We have a child in our group. My daughter who teaches literature would probably love it.

I am looking for evening entertainment because I expect, due to the 6 hour time change, no one in our group will be ready for bed very early.

Any recommendations for a family group?

Debbie

dublin
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Zozimus tour?

Yes, the Zozimus Ghostly Experience is still in operation and I'm pleased to say that it's still going as strong as ever. The website address that you have may be an old one of a few years back. The current one (since the last few years) is www.zozimus.com

Hope it's of some use to you

Francois

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zozimus tour?

Thanks! I had already found you and made reservations. We are looking forward to an entertaining introduction to Dublin. :)

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zozimus tour?

Thanks Debbie too - -

I had never heard of this tour and checked out the site as well. Sounds very different, interesting and fun

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
105 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zozimus tour?

Hi Deb, either you guys are world class insomniacs, or you may have your math wrong {:*)

Most US flights take off in the evening and arrive in Dublin in the morning. Let's say you get up on the day you leave at 7 am, and you fly out at, say, 7 pm. When you arrive in Dublin at, say, 7 am Dublin time (or 1 am Chicago time) you will have been awake for 16 hours. Then you've got a full day ahead of you in Dublin. By the time 7 pm Dublin time rolls around, you've been up for 28 hours.

Of course, if any of my assumptions are wrong, then to quote the world famous Emily Litella, "Never Mind".

That being said, I've found the best cure for jet lag is to tough out the first day, and go to bed at your normal "local time". So we would stay up the first day and turn in at 10 pm dublin time. If you can catch a few zzzz's on the plane, that will help, and drink plenty of water.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zozimus tour?

Hey Papadisc! I've had alot of angst about the jet lag issue! On that first day we arrive at 8:40 am which is 2:40 Chicago time. I will definitely sleep most of my 7 hours on the plane but still I'm sure the first day will be very tough.

Most of the advice I've read is to keep going all day. I suspect there will be some quicky car naps at some point - hopefully, not while I'm driving! ;)

Deb

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zozimus tour?

debbrown, if you're in reasonable health and prepared to drink a few strong coffees at various stages of the day before the tour, you will survive the day and evening without a problem. Consume a few drinks over the course of the first evening/night in Dublin and, on returning to your hotel, you'll sleep like a log until the next morning.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
105 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zozimus tour?

And just about every cup of coffee I had over there was Strong! There was a place at the west end of Temple Bar, Lemon somethingorother that had a wonderful capuccino.

That, and the walking tour, should keep you awake until bed time.