We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish Restaurant in Dublin

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, England
2 posts
Save Topic
Fish Restaurant in Dublin

Can anyone recommend a good fish restaurant or a good place that has a nice range of fish on it's menu in Dublin? I want to book a table for a special birthday treat.

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fish Restaurant in Dublin

Unfortuately, Dublin is not the place to come in Ireland if you want a huge selection of fish restaurants. It has always been a pet hate of mine that on a wee island of Ireland, our east coast is bereft of choices. The south and west have a much higher respect for the fruit of the sea.

However, there is one little gem of a fish restaurant in our capital city. The Lord Edward. 23 Christchurch Place, Dublin 8. This is a great little old fashioned fish restaurant, with good service, a good wine list and nothing too fancy. It is just at the Dublin Castle end of Dame street, across from Christchurch cathedral.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fish Restaurant in Dublin

When I visit Dublin in the spring, I want to try the Redbank Restaurant in Skerries for their seafood.

http://www.redbank.ie/restaurant/

Sincerely,

Diana

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish Restaurant in Dublin

Can I also recommend, "The King Sitric" in Howth, which is 20 miles outside the centre of Dublin. Howth is a famous fishiong port and the King Sitric is renowned for Good food. It is similiar to the Red Bank in Skeries, or if you are prepared to travel further afield there is "Bacchus" of Bettystown but this is just past North Co. Dublin.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fish Restaurant in Dublin

I know this is an old post, but just to correct a factual error, Howth is only 10 miles from the very centre of Dublin and is a 20 minute trip by DART train.

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fish Restaurant in Dublin

Can I recommend Johnny Foxes Pub. It is situated between Dublin and Wicklow in the Dublin Mountains.

Its Seafood Selection is second to none. Myself and my wife go there a couple of times a year. The Menu is a little expensive but well worth a go. They do a fantasic seafood platter and have a fine selection of seafood dishes like monkfish and shark etc.

The atomosphere is fantasic (Its Hundreds of years old) and there are many pictures on the wall of famous people who have dined there including Former US presidents (Clinton, Regan etc)

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fish Restaurant in Dublin

DubAndy is correct, apologies, I meant to report on my posting in December 20 minutes from Dublin City Centre to Howth not 20 miles. Thank you for the clarification!

London
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fish Restaurant in Dublin

Aqua Restaurant in Howth is a well-renowned Fish Restaurant. A bit pricy though