We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Security in Dublin Airport??

Co. Louth,Ireland
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Topic
Security in Dublin Airport??

just wondering has it calmed down yet or is it as bad as before?

we are flying out friday morning to Vegas, and i was just wondering what is a good time to get there, i was thinking maybe 3 hrs before hand??

plus the last time i parked in the long term, it took 45 mins for the bus to pull of to the airport, is this still the case?

if so, i was thinking about getting to the long term parking about 4 hrs before our flight is due to leave,

am i being too safe with this or is it not as bad as that?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Security in Dublin Airport??

I'm just back after 2 weeks in Portugal flying from Dublin. Security is tight as you would expect (thankfully!). It certainly eats into your dutyfree shopping time after checking in.

You might like to try http://www.quickpark.ie/ at only 5 Euro per 24 hours. Its just round the corner from the airport, much cheaper, easier to park and the coaches are very regular.

Any yes, I would leave about 4 hours from parking the car. Remember though that many of the airlines (eg RyanAir) open their checkins strickly 2 hours before the flight so you could be waiting around for a while, but better to do that rather than taking a chance

Stephen

Co. Louth,Ireland
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Security in Dublin Airport??

yeah definetely mate, i would rather be hanging about for hours then rushing up and running like a madman sweating and out of breath trying to get my flight.

they say you should take minimum stuff with you, all i will have on is my flip flops, shorts and t-shirt, and a backpack with my camcorder, money, passport, tickets and snacks for the flight.

that way i can be through pretty quickly.

must check out that carpark you mentioned!

cheers