We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morrison or Brooks Hotel?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Morrison or Brooks Hotel?

Has anyone stayed in both of these? How do they compare?

We are wanting a 'luxurious' hotel, well placed for public transport from airport, and walking distance from Dublin's sites.

Not into late-night noise, so needs to be quiet once in hotel room.

This is the final hotel I need to organise!

Any responses will be greatly appreciated!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morrison or Brooks Hotel?

They are both very central and a certain amount of noise is to be expected. The Morrsion is the trendier of the two and is located on the north side of the river liffey literally across the bridge from temple bar and within walking distance of all Dublin sites.

Brooks is on the more salubrious southside and is only a couple of minutes walk from the main shooping area, Grafton Street. I have never stayed there but Brooks never struck me as "Luxurious". The Morrison would be considered the more up market of the two. I have been to their restaurant and club but never stayed there so perhaps the reviews can shed some light.

If you are looking for luxurious boutique hotels, you might want to check out The Merrion and The Clarence.

I hope this helps, have a fantastic trip!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morrison or Brooks Hotel?

Thanks unclepat! Will check out the Merrion and the Clarence as well, and hopefully some more people who have stayed in any of these will also give some opinions.

Would the Morrison be more easily accessable by public transport, with luggage? Is it in a reasonable area as far as surroundings go?

Thank-you!

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Morrison or Brooks Hotel?

It might interest you that U2 own The Clarence hotel so maybe you could get lucky and catch a glimpse!!! Its a great hotel though.

The Morrison is easy walking distance from O'Connell street where buses and coaches from the airport pass through. It is also very close to the Luas light railway which might or might not be useful for you.

have fun

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morrison or Brooks Hotel?

It might interest you that U2 own The Clarence hotel so maybe you could get lucky and catch a glimpse!!! Its a great hotel though.

The Morrison is easy walking distance from O'Connell street where buses and coaches from the airport pass through. It is also very close to the Luas light railway which might or might not be useful for you.

have fun