We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerbnb cancellation

Connecticut
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
1 helpful vote
Aerbnb cancellation

Anyone ever have their reserved Aerbnb cancelled last minute?

We had a reservation for over three months for July 2nd, confirmed, had communication with them over the new rules. We’re advised no problem. But then early early this morning received notification our reservation was cancelled. We are fortunate that we found 2 hotel rooms but not what we needed a week before our trip. No response and no explanation from them. Just wondering if this is usually an issue.

45 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
305 reviews
214 helpful votes
1. Re: Aerbnb cancellation

Hi! I am going there in October and had been in touch with a few airbnb. Chose one that looked real good. Good communication from the owner. But when I asked about the new rules in July, his response was- he advised me to look for other accomodations. Tired of answering my questions? Or there is something to the new rules.

I booked with a traditional lodging instead.

Crystal River
Level Contributor
144 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Aerbnb cancellation

New legislation regarding Airbnbs in Dublin. Do a search on the forum. Many, many discussions and links regarding this subject.

Level Contributor
72 posts
3. Re: Aerbnb cancellation

FLGator50, is the new rule only for Dublin, or elsewhere too? Thanks.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Aerbnb cancellation

They told us no problem. But obviously there was. We were fortunate to get rooms at The Ashling Hotel

Westport, Ireland
Level Contributor
271 posts
28 reviews
12 helpful votes
5. Re: Aerbnb cancellation

lowflyerguy..,at present, there are no issues with full house rentals in my area (Co Mayo). I do not know about other areas.

Crystal River
Level Contributor
144 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Aerbnb cancellation

Lowflyerguy, I don't recall any others but it would be safe to ask on the forum for that location.

Maryland
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: Aerbnb cancellation

The new “rules” are only for the cities-urban areas, rural properties and traditional AirBnB in someone’s home is still unaffected. The new “aparthotels” are emerging in downtowns all over the EU.

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
118 reviews
93 helpful votes
8. Re: Aerbnb cancellation

What's interesting to me is that here on TA, there are still plenty of short-term lets being displayed for Dublin, Galway, and other long-term rent-constrained areas under the Vacation Rental tab. Same on VRBO, FlipKey, etc. These regulations can't just be targeted at Airbnb. It has to be all short-term full house/flat rentals.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
31,002 posts
82 reviews
65 helpful votes
9. Re: Aerbnb cancellation

Sunny. as you can see, the rent pressure zones are NOT restricted to cities . here is a list of areas involved

Cork: Cobh, Ballincollig – Carrigaline, Cork City Council

Dublin: Dublin City Council, South Dublin County Council, Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown County Council, Fingal County Council

Galway: Galway City Council, Galway City East, Galway City West

Kildare: Maynooth, Celbridge-Leixlip, Naas, Newbridge

Meath: Ashbourne, Laytown-Bettystown, Ratoath

Wicklow: Bray, Wicklow town, Greystones

Louth: Drogheda

Edited: 7:34 am, June 25, 2019
Maryland
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
10. Re: Aerbnb cancellation

Thanks nagakoli for the useful info-update to the affected regions and short term rentals.

😎

Reply to: Aerbnb cancellation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted