We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any tips on good bars and restaurants to vist for 2 late...

Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Any tips on good bars and restaurants to vist for 2 late...

Hi,

My friend and I are visiting Dublin for a long weekend in May (Thur-Sun night) and are looking for tips and advice on good bars and restaurants..any possibly a nightclub?..to vist. We are both young at heart but reasonably sophisticated! I love good food but don't have a huge budget.

Also we are staying on upper Drumcondra Road in a B&B...does anyone know how far that is fron the city centre and approx how much we can expect to pay for a taxi after midnight?

Many Thanks, Lauren.

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any tips on good bars and restaurants to vist for 2 late...

Hi there.

Hope you have a great time.

For bars, try the three on Dawsons Street- the kind of pub crawl you can do on with a pair of heels on. The bars are called SamSara, Cafe En Seine, and Ron Blacks, and are pretty fashionable and exclusive.

For eats- Mmm, there are some good Italian places around Stephens Green, and Dawson Street also- something like Milanos on Dawson street (its really Pizza Express, but a bit nicer inside). There is also a bistro type place (It is called something like Cafe Bleu- other posters will be able to correct me)

Another option is the Markets Bar, and Hogans on Georges Street. They are both lively, and reasonably upmarket. There is a new french restaurant there too, which doesnt take bookings but it getting rave reviews around town- its is called Le Guletuene (or somthing like this- my spelling is terrible :) ) There is also a cool Japanese noodle bar nearby, and a few other eats options.

A taxi from the city centre to Upper Drumcondra Road will be around 10 euro- but not much more than that.

Have a great trip

Ireland
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any tips on good bars and restaurants to vist for 2 late...

Hi there

You got some good advice there. If you don't ever feel like making it into the city centre, there's a pub in Drumcondra called Fagans where our esteemed Prime Minister has his pint regularly and across the road from it is a good indian restaurant. Hope you enjoy your trip. Bring lots of dosh, Dublin is expensive.