We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irishrail on St stephens day

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
10 reviews
Irishrail on St stephens day

Hi all. I will be in Ireland from the 21st to 27th of December spending most of it in Kerry. Not my first trip to Ireland as ive stayed in Dublin many times. I have a flight from Dublin to Barcelona on the morning of the 27th and so hope to return to dublin from kerry the previous night on st stephens day. Im searching for train scedules for the 26th but nothing is coming up. Do trains operate in Ireland on the 26th of december. If not what other transport options have i got from kerry to dublin.

5 replies to this topic
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
16,004 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Irishrail on St stephens day

My son always flies over from the UK to Kerry airport on the 26th, so I know Kerry airport is open.

Don't know about buses or trains as we fetch him from there.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
2. Re: Irishrail on St stephens day

There are no trains on St Stephen’s Day. Bus Eireann operates a limited service.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,905 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Irishrail on St stephens day

Fly from Kerry to Dublin if you can.

Public transport can be haphazard.

Take a look at M7 Busses. They MAY be running services that day but you'd need to contact them and get an email confirmation from them, just to be sure. https://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/… Also be aware that they can be delayed. So allow buffer time if you are using them.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Irishrail on St stephens day

Great thanks for the advice. Wow so transport is pretty limited then. I was hoping to avoid an internal flight as i am returning with suitcases so was hoping to avoid the cost of checking in suitcases. Thanks again

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
249 reviews
5. Re: Irishrail on St stephens day

Dublin coach as suggested by Bean do actually operate on St Stephen's Day, but it would be advisable to book your ticket in advance just in case they are busy, with the other public transport options not operating.

Reply to: Irishrail on St stephens day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted