We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any events in Dublin May 21st?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
6 posts
Save Topic
Any events in Dublin May 21st?

My travel agent was trying to book a hotel for my trip to Dublin. My daughter & I will be there the weekend of May 21st. She did find us a hotel (Jurys Inn) but she said all the others were booked. Is there something going on that weekend?? We are going to be in London prior to Dublin and were planning a trip to Edinburgh but come to find out there was a big rugby tournament going on so we cancelled that trip. How is the transportation trains, buses etc in Ireland? Any recommendation? We're planning on going to Galway for sure. Any other places of interest outside of Dublin? Thanks so much!

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any events in Dublin May 21st?

I live in Dublin and there are no major events that weekend that I know of. Dublin is a popular city break destination for boozing and shopping so the hotels get booked up alot at the weekends. I find it suspicious that your travel agent couldn't find one single good hotel for you, maybe she was having a bad day!

Jury's Inn is cheap and cheerful and popular for party weekends, but all 3 in the City Centre are in noisy locations and not my preference. I'm not sure what kind of money you want to spend, but for small boutique hotels in a central and good part of town, I would recommend either the Brooks on Drury St, Buswell's on Molesworth St, or Molesworth Court Suites. Teh Alexandar on Merrion Sq is good too.

Re travelling around, it is best to rent a car. Ireland's public transport is not great. I would definitely recommend visiting Galway (stay at the Great Southern hotel on Eyre Sq) and the Cliffs of Moher in Co. Clare are beautiful and worth a trip. Would also recommend Glendalough and the Wicklow mountains, and a trip to Newgrange in Co. Meath. Hope you have a great trip!

Dublin
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any events in Dublin May 21st?

Jurys Inn, in Custom House Quay is nice, and its not in a busy location and its only a five minute walk to the city centre (O'Connell St), i don't think i'd bother with any of the others, I agree about heading down to Wicklow its lovely around there,

www.indublin.ie is agood site for things happening in the city