We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival

1 post
Save Topic
Arrival

We arrive in Dublin from London on Saturday the 21st noon. We are from the US, will customs and immigration take a while? We were hoping to get checked in the the temple bar hotel (tourist trap i know!) we were hoping to make it to the guiness storehouse that day, Is 4 pm too late of a time to enjoy it all? does the regular ticket include guiness academy, the answers differ. thank you!!

6 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,443 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival

All going well you could be in your hotel by 1330.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival

Arrive at Dublin noon, likely less than an hour to get out of the airport, then getting to Temple Bar by which way?

Bus and or taxi less than an hour I would figure, you checkin, dump your bags and get transport to the Guinness location. Check with the Guinness website for what is included and when they close on a Saturday.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,856 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival

If arriving from London you will already have cleared Immigration. UK and Ireland are part of the Common Travel Area so no passport checks between the 2.

Customs is literally just a walk-through.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
13,565 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival

Katy-lied

When we arrived in Dublin by air from Aberdeen UK in May, we went through immigration/passport control.

I was told all arriving passengers do.

Edited: 10:26 am, October 14, 2017
New Mexico
Level Contributor
13,565 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival

Air passengers arriving in Ireland from elsewhere in the CTA are no longer segregated from those arriving from outside the CTA; consequently all air passengers must pass through Irish immigration checks, administered by the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB).

https:/…Common_Travel_Area

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i…

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrival

All passengers, arriving from whatever country, go through immigration at Dublin Airport.

Edited: 1:09 pm, October 14, 2017
Reply to: Arrival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted