We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best weather site & what to wear 10/7-11 + advance bookings

Chantilly, Virginia
Level Contributor
485 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Best weather site & what to wear 10/7-11 + advance bookings

My husband and I are very excited about our first visit to Ireland.

Weather?

Checking the weather channel and accuweather sites show a bit different predictions regarding rain but showing highs of around 60F and lows around 50F. What is the most accurate weather site for Dublin area?

Packing?

Also, not sure what kind of clothes we should bring? I'm thinking jeans for day or night. I've read layers but not sure if that should be short sleeve or long sleeve shirts during the day? light sweaters, windbreakers and lightweight packable down jackets? are ladies wearing boots over there yet? We've had unusually warm fall weather here in Washington DC area with 84F tomorrow so people are still wearing shorts and flip flops!

Day trips?

We plan to do one or two day trips from Dublin...maybe Cliffs of Moher and maybe Glendolough. Can we wait to book once we get there after we determine the best weather days and our energy level?

Thanks!!

2 replies to this topic
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best weather site & what to wear 10/7-11 + advance bookings

www.met.ie is the best weather site.

Clothing is layers and definitely long sleeves.

Check www.buseireann.ie for day tours. The Cliffs of Moher are too far for a day tour.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,424 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best weather site & what to wear 10/7-11 + advance bookings

Hi

It's gotten quite chilly here - lovely autumnal weather. It was a crisp bright 5C when I was out in the car a few minutes ago. Yes ladies are wearing boots.

Bring long sleeves to layer, I wore my down jacket the other day. Bring a hat or pick up a nice one here. Take some dressy tops to wear in the evening if you're going out in Dublin.

The Cliffs of Moher is a long way from Dublin and may be a waste of a day if the weather isn't great. Consider Glendalough as you've mentioned and also a trip to Newgrange which is fascinating and very unique.

In Dublin you can take the local DARt train out to Howth, a lovely fishing village, and take the cliff walk there.

Enjoy all the preparations and if you have any more questions just ask :-)

Reply to: Best weather site & what to wear 10/7-11 + advance bookings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted