We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must visit places in Dublin

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Must visit places in Dublin

Will be in Dublin for 3days 2nite nectmonth october.. staying in 2-4 litton lans dublin 1.. where are the must visit places nearby..and i am kimda olaning to visit the places they shot the movie P/s i love you..is Kilkenny and wicklow far from where we are staying..what if we took Grab.. appreciate ur suggestions... looking farward

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must visit places in Dublin

Neither Kilkenny or Wicklow are that far from Dublin. Are you planning on hiring a car or using public transport?

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must visit places in Dublin

Was planing to follow the tour at 1st..bt now planing to hirer a car..grab or something.. great to know those places are nearby..what would u recommend..is it ok to go by public transport?

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must visit places in Dublin

How long does it take to go there by the way..

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must visit places in Dublin

Pretty sure nothing was filmed in Killiney (but if you want to go it's about 30 mins on the commuter train)

The pub scene is in Whelans on Wexford Street in Dublin - a friend was an extra :-)

Rest is all in County Wicklow and you'd really need a car to visit all the locations, public transport won't work.

An organised tour would be your best bet if you decide not to hire a car.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
15,675 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must visit places in Dublin

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'grab', mind you I have trouble with text speak in general.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must visit places in Dublin

Yeah was thinking of taking uber -taxi for hirer but will see dependung on the price..really appreciate ur feedback..looking forward to visiting dublin..

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must visit places in Dublin

Sorry i was actually referring to those taxi drivers..Uber 😁

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must visit places in Dublin

How is the weather like during this time of the year..rainy windy cold weather

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,028 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must visit places in Dublin

Belfast is quite near

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Must visit places in Dublin

No Uber in Ireland, drivers need to be licensed, so no real difference vs standard taxis.

Weatherise, it will be cool but not freezing. Wind and rain very likely, but you can still get some lovely clear days,

Correction to my post #4 - i misread your original message, you can get to Kilkenny by train or by bus, but it will take longer. Still no filming there though.

Edited: 2:17 pm, September 18, 2017