We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest route from Blanchardstown to Donegal Town

Which Donegal Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Fastest route from Blanchardstown to Donegal Town

Hi

I want to know which route would be quickest. Via N4,N3 or a different way.

I will be travelling on a wednesday morning and need to get there by 12 noon.

Thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastest route from Blanchardstown to Donegal Town

N3 route to Donegal Town is about 25 miles shorter and 30 minutes faster than N4. It should take about 3 - 3 1/4 hours non-stop from Blanchardstown on the N3 via Cavan and Enniskillen.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastest route from Blanchardstown to Donegal Town

From Enniskillen to Pettiego then or to Ballyshannon?

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastest route from Blanchardstown to Donegal Town

I've assumed via Ballyshannon but I know some people prefer the route via Pettigo - Through Pettigo may be a bit shorter but from memory, road is not as good as via Ballyshannon. Not sure that it makes a huge difference time-wise.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastest route from Blanchardstown to Donegal Town

We did the trip yeaterday from Donegal town via Ballyshannon, Belleek and Enniskillen to Cavan town in one and a half hours.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastest route from Blanchardstown to Donegal Town

The route from Enniskillen to Ballyshannon to Donegal town along the southern shore of the lough may be on better roads but that bit between EKN and BSN seems to take forever. On the map it looks like it should be picturesque but in reality there is so much shrubbery that you can't see anything of the lakes or just glimpses. The northern shore route from EKN through Killadeas to Kesh then Pettigo is much more interesting and I thought it was shorter, but it might be because there is more to see that the time passed more quickly.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fastest route from Blanchardstown to Donegal Town

I do this trip very regularly and always go through Pettigo. M/N3 to Enniskillen, then Kesh, Pettigo, Donegal Town.

7. Re: Fastest route from Blanchardstown to Donegal Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 09, 2012