We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trad Music Pubs/Affordable Accommodation

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Trad Music Pubs/Affordable Accommodation

Hi all,

Planning on spending next week touring around Donegal with my wife. Can anyone suggest where we might find the best mid week trad sessions? Also, we're on a tight enough budget so we plan to stay in hostels (with private rooms) if possible? Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trad Music Pubs/Affordable Accommodation

There is one on Wednesday nights in McIntyres Bar in Dunkineely which is between Donegal Town and Killybegs. I have been there twice and I was the only non Irish person in the place so you will not find a tour bus parked outside. The only draw back is it doesn't usually start until about 10:30 and then goes on until the wee hours of the morning.

There is a hostel,I believe it is called the "Blue Moon" almost directly across the street from the pub but I know nothing about the place.

Go to you tube and do a search for "Dunkineely" and you find a video of a few songs from one of the sessions. It is a good time.

2. Re: Trad Music Pubs/Affordable Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:25 am, January 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Donegal Town