We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horse riding on the ocean

iowa
Level Contributor
81 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
horse riding on the ocean

Going to be in Ireland in june and have daughters who want to ride horses on the beaches was wondering where are at. Plans are from Shannon to upper Ireland

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horse riding on the ocean

I already answered this on your other thread

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horse riding on the ocean

Hi, Shilio.

You might consider Cleegan Riding Centre in Galway. It is a short distance outside of Clifden. They have a ride at low tide out to Omey Island that might be fun for your daughters. www.clegganridingcentre.com

Here also is a short blog about someone's trip there.

…equisearch.com/blog/…2007_06_01_archive.html

It is, however, a three hour trek. I don't know how old your daughters are or what their riding experience is, but three hours is a fairly long ride. They do have shorter beach treks available.

In County Sligo there is the Island View Riding Stables. http://www.islandviewridingstables.com/

You can also look on www.aire.com It is the Association of Irish Riding Establishments and they have a number of riding centres listed by location.

Good luck with your plans.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,855 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: horse riding on the ocean

Oh great, Westwind, I was hoping you'd see this. Great advice as usual.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: horse riding on the ocean

Thanks, Clauds! I just got back from Killarney on Tuesday, so this is the first day I have had a chance to look at the forum.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,855 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: horse riding on the ocean

I hope you had a great time, Westwind!

6. Re: horse riding on the ocean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Donegal Town