We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork....Good or bad??

Nottingham
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Cork....Good or bad??

Im going to Cork at the end of feb for one of those must get away for the weekend breaks..

Am staying at the Hayfield Manor as have read good things about it from Hotel web sites etc but has anybody stayed there got any views..???

Also whats there to do in Cork as im hearing bad things about the night life etc....

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
376 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cork....Good or bad??

Hayfield Manor is first class in Cork. Amibence is lovely in a lovely quiet area. Often gone there for meals. You are only a 10 minute walk from city centre. Depends what you are looking for in "night life" . Opera House & Everyman have various events on, plenty of pubs/restuarants around, check other forums dealing with Cork for ideas.

Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cork....Good or bad??

Although I'm a Cork native, I've stayed in The Hayfield, it's pretty nice alright, I strongly doubt you'll be disappointed with it.

Nightlife is pretty dull alright. If you're into pubbing more than going to a club best bet is a place dead in the centre of town called 'The Old Oak' or maybe 'Reardens'. Be warned about the staff in Reardens, they're all so rude and to be honest, most of them are just gits. Clubbing in Cork is pathetic, try the Savoy or Blu Bamboo, Savoy crowd are up themselves a bit.

Get answers to your questions about Cork